More Power

An enthusiastic young bloke knocks at my door promising he won't try to make me change my electricity supplier. I'm intrigued to find out where the conversation could go from here. 
"You're not selling lollies or bin bags are you?" I ask.
"No." he says. 
He clears his throat.
He goes on to tell me that I should change my electricity provider
I compliment him on his canny employment of semantic manipulation. 
We share an awkward moment of silence. 
He promises me huge savings, all in percentile rather than dollar values, which is exciting, mainly because he has a graph. I tell him how nice the colours are. He thanks me.
Eventually I reluctantly have to tell him that I have already chosen to pay extra for a green energy plan. I tell him I believe it's an important stance to take, even if only symbolic, if we are to have any influence on driving the industry towards sustainable outcomes in the long term.
"Wow." he says. 
"I've never had one of those before. I don't know what I'm supposed to say."

1 comment:

  1. I think the word you are looking for is 'duh'

    ReplyDelete